Trauma-Informed Care Workbook
A “how-to” guide to trauma-informed practice in aged care
- The key principles of trauma-informed care in aged care settings.
- Immediate and longer term practical strategies you can select for your organisation.
- Information about trauma-informed care and how it relates to person-centred care.
- Practical strategies to help you support your staff in trauma-informed practice.
Who is it for?
This workbook is for managers and supervisors in aged care organisations. If you are an aged care manager, a nurse unit manager (NUM), or lead a wellbeing / lifestyle team, this workbook is for you.
What’s covered in each section?
Introduction & About this workbook
Trauma in older Australians
What is trauma-informed care?
Actions to Support Trauma Informed Practice
Top 5 trauma-informed practice actions
Opportunities for your practice
Case studies outline:
- Collaborating with the older person’s family to build trust in the care plan
- An older person with dementia, involving occupational violence and aggression towards staff
- A person from a migrant background who may have experienced family violence