Treating posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is challenging, whether the result of a single incident such as a car accident or natural disaster, or more chronic trauma exposure such as child sexual abuse.
This training program will give you the skills and confidence to use exposure-based therapy to help your clients recover from PTSD. The two-day workshop is followed by three group-based consultations with an expert trainer – supporting you to apply and refine your new skills.
With the aid of expert demonstrations, you will learn and practise skills in exposure, cognitive, and emotion regulation interventions. You will also learn about and practise case formulation as a tool in developing individualised treatment plans for clients with complex presentations.
A comprehensive manual with practitioner tools and client handouts is provided.
Locations & Dates
- Trauma, PTSD and related posttraumatic conditions
- Evidence-based treatments for PTSD
- The importance of traumatic memory
- Exposure-based therapy
- Troubleshooting problematic reactions
- Managing comorbid mental health conditions
- Case formulation and treatment planning
- Treating complex PTSD
Who should attend?
Specialist mental health providers who:
- provide treatment and support services to adults with PTSD
- have experience in providing psychological therapies to individuals with mental health problems
2 day workshop followed by three small-group consultations with an expert trainer via teleconference.
Continuing Professional Development
The training program provides a total of 17 CPD hours – the two-day workshop provides 14 hours, and the consultations a further 3 hours.
$880 (inc GST)